Kafka, mail # user - Kafka for *critical* data

Re: Kafka for *critical* data
Joe Stein 2013-11-01, 14:01
Richard, KAFKA-156 is something that the client could take care of.  It is
2 years old and a bit of a hack suggestion for what Replication in 0.8.0
has become and I would argue we close it (we should go through all the
ticket prior to 0.9 and chat about them, separate thread I will start on
dev).  Replication solves the problem stated in the ticket as messages are
NOT dropped with brokers unavailable.

The documentation for replication is here
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#replication

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC