Kafka, mail # user - Re: Producer not distributing across all partitions - 2013-09-13, 22:05

Re: Producer not distributing across all partitions
Hello Joe,

The reason we make the producers to produce to a fixed partition for each
metadata-refresh interval are the following:

So in a word the randomness is still preserved but within one
metadata-refresh interval the assignment is fixed.

I agree that the document should be updated accordingly.

Guozhang