Kafka >> mail # dev >> pushing delete topic feature out of 0.8

+
Jun Rao 2013-04-04, 18:36
Re: pushing delete topic feature out of 0.8
Ok,

This is a feature I've been hoping for, so I added an upvote to Kafka-330.
 But I will defer to you in terms of not wanting to delay 0.8 unnecessarily.

Will we still have a backhanded way to remove a topic if need be?
 Ultimately, I'd like  to see the feature where a topic automatically is
created on receipt of a new message, and that topic will then automatically
become deleted after a configurable period of inactivity.  In otherwords,
auto-creation and auto-deletion.

Jason