Kafka >> mail # user >> The future of 0.7

Re: The future of 0.7
Will it be possible to upgrade from 0.6 directly to 0.8, and what would the
migration strategy be like?   I understand for 0.6 to 0.7, the strategy was
to first upgrade your consumers, then the broker, then the producers.

-Evan
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> To answer your question, even if the team is working on 0.8, we understand
> that it will take some time for 0.8 to be completely stable and for users
> to build some confidence in moving to 0.8 since it is backwards
> incompatible. Keeping that in mind, we will try our best to patch the 0.7
> branch for bugs and do point releases from there for a few months down the
> line.
> Feel free to file bugs and we can discuss how to handle a release for those
> bug fixes.
>
> Thanks,
> Neha
>

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Our current plan to to get 0.8 out asap and only patch blocker issues in
> > 0.7. If the issues that you found apply to 0.8, please feel free to open
> > jira and/or attach a patch.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jun
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Wouter de Bie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > We're currently using Kafka 0.7 and here and there we're running in a
> few
> > > bugs here and there. Since 0.8 is around the corner, it might not make
> > too
> > > much sense in sending the patches for 0.8 upstream, unless 0.7 will
> live
> > > (long) life next to 0.8. What's your take on the future of the 0.7
> > branch?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Wouter de Bie
> > > Team Lead Analytics and Data Infrastructure, Spotify
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > +46 72 018 0777

*Evan Chan*
Senior Software Engineer |