Kafka, mail # user - Velocity on local machine

+
Klaus Schaefers 2014-01-10, 09:44
Re: Velocity on local machine
Magnus Edenhill 2014-01-10, 11:33
What performance numbers did you see?

For reference you can check the following tests that were also run on the
same machine as the broker:
https://github.com/edenhill/librdkafka/blob/master/INTRODUCTION.md#performance-numbers

Do they correspond to your numbers?

Consumer thruput is not included in that document but typically peaks at
around 3 million msgs/s when run on the same host and with hot disk caches.

Regards,
Magnus
2014/1/10 Klaus Schaefers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
>
> I am currently benchmarking Kafka against ActiveMQ and I got some results
> the surprised my quite a lot. ActiveMQ managed to deliver 4x more messages
> when running locally. But from all what I was reading I am a little bit
> surprised. Honestly I expected Kafka to outperform ActiveMQ. Some I am left
> with the feeling that I configured some wrong or did any kind of other
> mistake.
>
> My setup looks like this:
>
> - One local broker
> - 10 Topic / Queues
> - 1 producer that dispatches messages randomly to the topics
> - 1 consumer per topic
>
> I basically used the example on the Kafka web page.
>
> Also I encountered some issues when increasing the number of topics, lets
> say 100. In this case the consumer cannot connect the Zookeeper...
>
> Does anybody has an idea how to improve the performance?
>

> Thx,
>
> Klaus

> Klaus Schaefers
> Senior Optimization Manager
>
> Ligatus GmbH
> Hohenstaufenring 30-32
> D-50674 Köln
>
> Tel.:  +49 (0) 221 / 56939 -784
> Fax:  +49 (0) 221 / 56 939 - 599
> E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Web: www.ligatus.de
>
> HRB Köln 56003
> Geschäftsführung:
> Dipl.-Kaufmann Lars Hasselbach, Dipl.-Kaufmann Klaus Ludemann,
> Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Arne Wolter

+
Klaus Schaefers 2014-01-10, 12:07
+
Gerrit Jansen van Vuuren 2014-01-10, 13:27
+
Magnus Edenhill 2014-01-10, 13:39
+
Klaus Schaefers 2014-01-10, 16:37