Kafka >> mail # user >> connecting to kafkaserver and zk from inside VM

connecting to kafkaserver and zk from inside VM
Hi,

I have the following situation. I have set up a http post client sending
data to my VM. The VM has a post ressource that passes on the data to a
kafkaProducer.

Everything works fine with having the kafkaConsumer inside the VM. Now I
want the cosumer outside and I get a timeout.

I only changed the IP in the property file to the IP of my VM and I thought
it should work like it does with post.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Andre