Kafka, mail # user - Re: More questions on avro serialization - 2013-08-22, 16:37

Re: More questions on avro serialization
The point of the magic byte is to indicate the current version of the
message format. One part of the format is the fact that it is Avro encoded.
I'm not sure how Camus gets a 4 byte id, but at LinkedIn we use the 16 byte
MD5 hash of the schema. Since AVRO-1124 is not resolved yet, I'm not sure
if I can comment on the compatibility just yet.

Thanks,
Neha