Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: single node to multiple broker cluster help

Re: single node to multiple broker cluster help
in server.properties you also need to change the kafka port if you are
running everything on one machine

# The port the socket server listens on
port=9092

There is a great writeup on running multi broker on single machine
http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2013/03/13/running-a-multi-broker-apache-kafka-cluster-on-a-single-node/

if you want to virtualize 3 brokers with zookeeper you can take a look at
doing it with Vagrant if you like
http://allthingshadoop.com/2013/12/07/using-vagrant-to-get-up-and-running-with-apache-kafka/(shameless
self promotion... but in all seriousness it is really helpful
way to develop and test)

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC