Kafka, mail # user - Question about function SimpleConsumer.getOffsetsBefore

Re: Question about function SimpleConsumer.getOffsetsBefore
Neha Narkhede 2013-02-26, 01:25
The value of maxNumOffsets depends on what you are trying to accomplish. In
most cases, this value is 1. For a value > 1, it gives you the first offset
of the segments since the segment that matched your offset query. Even if
you set a very high value, it will not have those many segments and hence
the response will be limited and should not take long.

Thanks,
Neha