Kafka >> mail # dev >> Auto create "chroot" on server start up?

+
marek 2013-11-13, 23:18
+
Kostya Golikov 2013-11-13, 23:48
+
Joel Koshy 2013-11-13, 23:56
+
marek 2013-11-14, 04:14
Re: Auto create "chroot" on server start up?
I don't think its too much to ask people to create their ZK paths:
zkCli.sh -server localhost:2181 create /kafka kafka

Asking a ZK application to use a non-existent chroot is like asking tar
to extract to a non-existent directory. An error is appropriate. I think
the fix here is to give a better error than the very unhelpful/cryptic
"Path length must be > 0" (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-294)

Cheers
-David

On 11/13/13 11:13 PM, marek wrote:
> Thank you Joel, got it.
>
> I cloned the git repo and am working in trunk.
>
> This is the correct branch for the latest in 0.8, is that right?
>
> Or should I work against one of the other branches?
>
> -Marek
>
> On Wednesday, November 13, 2013, Joel Koshy wrote:
>
>> Marek was referring to the zookeeper namespace - Marek, there are
>> jira(s)
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-294
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-404
>>
>> Should be straightforward to finish that up - want to give that a go?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Joel
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 03:48:01AM +0400, Kostya Golikov wrote:
>>> Just one word: Windows.
>>>
>>> I'm not a maintainer, but AFAIK kafka targets Windows as well and isn't
>>> chroot is a Unix-specific feature?

>> operate.

+
marek 2013-11-13, 23:57