Kafka >> mail # dev >> Auto create "chroot" on server start up?

Re: Auto create "chroot" on server start up?
I don't think its too much to ask people to create their ZK paths:
zkCli.sh -server localhost:2181 create /kafka kafka

Asking a ZK application to use a non-existent chroot is like asking tar
to extract to a non-existent directory. An error is appropriate. I think
the fix here is to give a better error than the very unhelpful/cryptic
"Path length must be > 0" (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-294)

Cheers
-David