Kafka, mail # dev - Re: git workflow - 2013-01-07, 16:07

Re: git workflow
The reason we take diffs is because traditionally the mandatory Apache
toolchain is svn+jira+patch/diff. When we were on github of course we used
that.

I'm actually not sure of the Apache rules here. Can we just directly accept
github pull requests? I.e. you fork the apache mirror and send a pull
request? Github has lots of tools for seeing diffs, commenting on code, etc
so this would be fantastic. Is that considered bad form? We could just have
the JIRA point to the github url...

-Jay