Kafka >> mail # user >> Loading kafka server within a Java process

Re: Loading kafka server within a Java process
Jamie,

As Jay says, this is definitely possible.  We also do it at Metamarkets.

The one thing that we found odd when doing it though is that you cannot (or
couldn't with the version we are using, I'm not sure about 0.8) embed a
producer that produces for an embedded broker.  You instead have to have
your producer talk over the "network" to the broker even though it is
running inside the same process.  We haven't run into any issues doing this
yet, but it's something to be aware of.