Kafka >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Kafka 0.8.0 Beta 1 (Candidate 1)

+
Joe Stein 2013-06-13, 21:41
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-14, 05:04
+
David Arthur 2013-06-14, 14:08
+
Dragos Manolescu 2013-06-14, 23:52
+
Joe Stein 2013-06-15, 03:48
+
Joe Stein 2013-06-17, 11:58
Re: [VOTE] Kafka 0.8.0 Beta 1 (Candidate 1)
+1, verified unit tests and quick start.
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 4:58 AM, Joe Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey folks, I am going to vote -1 on this this release.  I know, I know, I
> know I prepared it but I was working for hours and hours last night going
> through so many facets even working on it to deploy into our own shakedown
> (pre-production) environment and it hit me! We are not voting on all the
> artifacts we need for this release, its different than 0.7.X and has to be
> prepared that way for vote.
>
> so one thing I want to change in src is SNAPSHOT to beta1 and will create
> JIRA can commit once we get +1 on patch.
>
> also for the -bin distribution folks should be able to just download and
> run the quick start and ./kafka-server-start.sh
> ../config/server.properties  should just start without any other class
> files, etc.  but I will prepare that also and sign it and put up in the
> second candidate vote
>
> any other feedback for the second candidate release please let me know
>

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Joe Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hello, this is the first candidate release for Kafka 0.8.0 Beta 1
> >
> > This release fixes the following issues
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~joestein/kafka-0.8.0-beta1-candidate1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
> >
> > *** Please download, test and vote by Sunday June, 16th, 9pm PST
> >
> > Release artifacts:
> > http://people.apache.org/~joestein/kafka-0.8.0-beta1-candidate1/
> >
> > The tag to be voted upon (off the 0.8 branch):
> >
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/0.8.0-beta1
> >
> > Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/kafka/KEYS
> >
> > --
> >
> > /*
> > Joe Stein