Kafka >> mail # user >> Arguments for Kafka over RabbitMQ ?

+
Dragos Manolescu 2013-06-06, 18:41
+
Jonathan Hodges 2013-06-06, 19:29
+
Marc Labbe 2013-06-07, 01:09
+
Alexis Richardson 2013-06-07, 12:54
+
Marc Labbe 2013-06-07, 13:31
Re: Arguments for Kafka over RabbitMQ ?
Hi, Alex,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. Your understand of Kafka is correct
and your analysis is very helpful. Just a couple of followup questions on
RabbitMQ.

1. How do people typically scale out RabbitMQ? In Kafka, we have this
notion of a cluster that can include multiple brokers. Brokers in a cluster
are managed through Zookeeper.
2. How does RabbitMQ support HA? In the upcoming Kafka 0.8 release, we are
adding the capability of storing a message redundantly in multiple brokers
in a cluster for achieving both higher durability and availability. I am
wondering if RabbitMQ is doing something similar already.

Jun

+
Alexis Richardson 2013-06-07, 15:58
+