Kafka, mail # user - Re: Kafka 0.8 High level consumer : Stream Iterator is blocking

Re: Kafka 0.8 High level consumer : Stream Iterator is blocking
Jun Rao 2013-07-11, 15:54
The consumer iterator by default blocks if there are no new messages. You
can configure it to be non-blocking. See consumer.timeout.ms
http://kafka.apache.org/08/configuration.html

Thanks,

Jun
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 11:55 PM, Ankit Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a Kafka 0.8 cluster of two nodes on same machine with 4 partitions
> and communicating through a single zookeeper.
>
> I am producing data using the Kafka Producer using the following code:
> <code>
> KeyedMessage<String, byte[]> data = new KeyedMessage<String,
> byte[]>(topic, input);
> producer.send(data);
> </code>
>
> I am able to consume the data from a topic using the Kafka console
> consumer as well as simple consumer but it is blocking the iterator at High
> Level consumer.

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Group+Example
> Simple Consumer -
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/0.8.0+SimpleConsumer+Example
>
> The configuration for High Level consumer is default configuration.
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Ankit Jain

Evelina 2013-12-16, 15:34