Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: issue with kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh

Re: issue with kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh
The create command tool will only create the path
/brokers/topics/uattoqaaa.default, and then controller, once noticing the
change in ZK about the added topic, will elect leaders from the assigned
replicas written in /brokers/topics/uattoqaaa.default and then create
/brokers/topics/uattoqaaa.default/partitions/[partition-id]/state.

If you have created the topic for a long time but
/brokers/topics/uattoqaaa.default/partitions/[partition-id]/state is not
created by controller, it could because the replicas specified in
/brokers/topics/uattoqaaa.default does not exist yet. Could you verify the
brokers specified in this path are up and running?

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang