Kafka, mail # dev - Re: Troubles with compressed message set - 2013-01-30, 16:19

David Arthur 2013-01-30, 15:27
Re: Troubles with compressed message set
Hi David,

MessageSets aren't size delimited because that format is shared with
producer/consumer and the kafka log itself. The log itself is just a big
sequence of messages and any subset that begins and ends at valid message
boundaries is a valid message set. This means that message sets are size
prefixed only as part of the request/response. Not sure if that is what you
are asking?

It's hard to see the cause of the error you describe. I don't suppose you
could send me a snapshot of your client to reproduce locally?

-Jay