Kafka >> mail # user >> new log.dirs property (as opposed to log.dir)

+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-06-20, 05:25
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-20, 05:48
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-06-20, 06:02
Re: new log.dirs property (as opposed to log.dir)
No, our replica assignment logic won't allow that during topic creation.

Thanks,

Jun
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Jason Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> is it possible for a partition to have multiple replicas on different
> directories on the same broker?  (hopefully no!)
>

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > It takes a comma separated list and partition replicas are randomly
> > distributed to the list.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jun
> >

> > On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:25 PM, Jason Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > In the 0.8 config, log.dir is now log.dirs.  It looks like the singular
> > > log.dir is still supported, but under the covers the property is
> > log.dirs.
> > >
> > > I'm curious, does this take a comma separated list of directories?  The
> > new
> > > config page just says:
> > > "The directories in which the log data is kept"
> > >
> > > Also, how does kafka handle multiple directories?  Does it treat each
> > > directory as a separate replica partition, or what?
> > >
> > > Jason

+
Jay Kreps 2013-06-20, 18:08
+