Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: LeaderNotAvailableException: reventing the running of kafka-console-producer.bat

Re: LeaderNotAvailableException: reventing the running of kafka-console-producer.bat
This can happen on the first message in a new topic. Do you see the
exception on posting every message? Also, run kafka-console-consumer to see
if you can see the message.

Thanks,

Jun
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Withers, Robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I am brand new to exploration into kafka, for work.  Any help is much
> appreciated.
>
> A co-worker built and updated a package for us to use on windows.  I have
> no idea what version it is.  We cannot update through our firewall.  :(   I
> am able to start the zookeeper and a kafka server, but when I run the
> kafka-console-producer.bat file and enter a "hello world" input to post to
> the broker, the broker throws the LeaderNotAvailableException.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
> Rob

+
Jun Rao 2013-04-06, 04:11