Kafka, mail # user - Kafka Monitoring, 0.7 vs. 0.8 JMX - 2013-05-07, 20:46

Kafka Monitoring, 0.7 vs. 0.8 JMX
Hi,

We're considering adding Kafka monitoring to SPM (see
http://sematext.com/spm/index.html ).  We use Kafka ourselves and
would like to see our Kafka metrics in SPM along with Hadoop, HBase,
Solr, and other metrics we monitor.

My questions:
* What do people currently use for monitoring Kafka?
* Is there apetite for adding Kafka support to SPM?
* How different is the structure/content of JMX for 0.7 vs. 0.8?  Is
0.8 a backwards-compatible superset of 0.7?

Thanks,
Otis