Kafka, mail # user - RE: message order, guarenteed?

Re: message order, guarenteed?
David Arthur 2013-06-14, 14:37
Simple example of how to take advantage of this behavior:

Suppose you're sending document updates through Kafka. If you use the
document ID as the message key and the default hash partitioner, the
updates for a given document will exist on the same partition and come
into the consumer in order.