Kafka >> mail # user >> Cross-site Kafka installation

Re: Cross-site Kafka installation
We do mirroring across data-centers (but in the same continent). You should
basically set a high fetch size and socket buffer size in such scenarios.

In general, you should set a high value for the socket buffer size on the
consumer configuration (socket.buffersize) and the source cluster's broker
configuration (socket.send.buffer).

Assuming you are using the high-level consumer, the fetch size (fetch.size)
should be higher than the consumer's socket buffer size. Note that the
socket buffer size configurations are a hint to the underlying platform's
networking code. If you enable trace logging, you can check the actual
receive buffer size and determine whether the setting in the OS networking
layer also needs to be adjusted. Likewise, you will need to use higher
connection/session timeouts for zookeeper and set your offset commit
intervals to be fairly large.

Thanks,

Joel