Kafka, mail # user - Re: Understanding how producers and consumers behave in case of node failures in 0.8 - 2013-10-25, 01:40
Solr & Elasticsearch trainings in New York & San Fransisco [more info]

Re: Understanding how producers and consumers behave in case of node failures in 0.8
I am planning to use kafka 0.8 spout and after studing the source code
found that it doesnt handle errors. There is a fork that adds try catch
over using fetchResponse but my guess is this will lead to spout attempting
the same partition infinitely until the leader is elected/comes back
online. I will try and submit a pull request to kafka 0.8 plus spout to fix
this issue in a couple of days.