Kafka >> mail # dev >> Difficulties packaging trunk

+
David Arthur 2013-01-27, 14:54
Re: Difficulties packaging trunk
Turns out I was using a ZK chroot in my server.properties and the znode
didn't exist, so kafka.Kafka was returning right away. Strange that
there was no error message though.

On 1/27/13 9:54 AM, David Arthur wrote:
> I'm trying to run the latest trunk code.
>
> I'm packaging the project as indicated by the README
>
> > ./sbt "+package"
>
> which runs fine, but then I try to run ./bin/kafka-server-start.sh, I
> get Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: scala.ScalaObject
>
> I have also tried various incarnations of ./sbt run, ./sbt run-main
> kafka.Kafka
>
> I also no longer see an sbt target to build a zip distribution. Help!
>
> -David

+
Neha Narkhede 2013-01-27, 20:01