Kafka, mail # user - Re: Kafka Node.js Integration Questions/Advice - 2012-12-22, 04:21

Christopher Alexander 2012-12-20, 16:47
+
David Arthur 2012-12-20, 16:59
+
Christopher Alexander 2012-12-20, 17:11
+
Jun Rao 2012-12-20, 17:31
+
Radek Gruchalski 2012-12-21, 20:55
Re: Kafka Node.js Integration Questions/Advice
Which is the best ZK based implementation of kafka in node.js. Our use case
is that a pool of node js http servers will be listening to clients which
will send json over http. Using node js we'll do minimal decoration and
compression (preferably snappy) and write to brokers. We might also need
json to avro conversion but thats not a deal breaker. Consumers will be
writing these events to S3 (to begin with we don't plan to maintain HDFS
cluster). To begin with we'll have to support a peak load of 50K events /
second, average being much less, around 2K events / second. Suggestions
please. Is any one using franz-kafka in production. I'm only two days into
kafka so don't know a lot, but franz-kafka looks clean and easy to work
with.

If none of the existing node.js implementation is capable of this then we
are willing to move to Scala or Java but node.js is the first choice.

Thanks & Regards,
Apoorva

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Radek Gruchalski <