Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: develop customized producer and consumer in java

Re: develop customized producer and consumer in java
Hi,

The API docs are here
-http://people.apache.org/~joestein/kafka-0.7.1-incubating-docs/.
These are not very complete, we will try our best to publish 0.8 APIs
clearly. For Java examples, you can look at examples/ directory. Both
clients exist in the main kafka jar.

Thanks,
Neha

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Yu, Libo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read many documentation about Kafka but am still confused about
> the Java development . If I want to integrate kafka into our system, I need
> to write my own producer and consumer in Java. It is not very clear to me
> what Java APIs are available to client developers and there is no detailed
> documentation for those APIs. The other thing is about compiling. How to
> find all the required jars to compile a customized producer and consumer?
> Do I need to learn Scala? I will appreciate if anyone can give me some details.
>
> Regards,
>
> Libo

+
Jun Rao 2013-04-24, 01:23