Kafka, mail # user - Re: Producer.send questions - 2013-08-24, 08:44

Re: Producer.send questions
Jun,

There are several others I've seen that I would have thought would be
retryable (possibly after an exponential backoff delay).  I'm curious about:

BrokerNotAvailableException
FailedToSendMessageException
QueueFullException (happens if producerType is 'async')
KafkaException (this seems to wrap lots of base conditions, does one have
to sort through the different wrapped exception types?)
LeaderNotAvailableException
MessageSizeTooLargeException (does a batch of messages get treated as a
single message, when checking for message size too large?)
ReplicaNotAvailableException
UnavailableProducerException
UnknownException

Also, what about my first question, regarding whether it makes sense to
refresh a producer by closing it and restarting it after a failure?

Thanks,

Jason