Kafka, mail # dev - Re: Helping out - 2013-07-03, 03:30

Sam Meder 2013-06-24, 06:01
+
Jay Kreps 2013-06-24, 16:42
+
Sam Meder 2013-06-25, 14:54
+
Jay Kreps 2013-06-25, 15:17
+
S Ahmed 2013-06-26, 00:44
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-26, 03:55
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-26, 04:08
+
Jay Kreps 2013-07-03, 03:27
Re: Helping out
I actually don't think quotas really needs to do cross-broker
communication. I think we can just enforce it at the topic-partition level
and have the leader do the check (even if the user expresses the quota at
the topic level we will just turn it into a per-partition limit by dividing
by the number of partitions). If any one is interested in this I would be
happy to help work through a design and help get it in.

-Jay