Kafka, mail # dev - Re: Thoughts on using Ant+Ivy for the build? - 2013-04-08, 20:20
Re: Thoughts on using Ant+Ivy for the build?
I think the biggest problem is that there isn't clear ownership of the
build stuff we have. SBT is probably fine if you know it well. Ant and
maven are probably the same. The problem is that none of the
committers seem to know SBT well that that is a big barrier for
getting basic stuff like a good unit test report, etc.

My personal preference would be for Maven followed by Ant followed by
anything else (including SBT), but I think the ownership maintenance
issue is more important than the framework.

The two useful things that SBT bought us where compile targets (i.e.
scala 2.8 vs 2.9) and incremental compilation. I think both are
available outside sbt now...?

-Jay