Kafka >> mail # user >> Keeping logs forever

Keeping logs forever
Our use case is that we'd like to log data we don't need away and
potentially replay it at some point. We don't want to delete old logs. I
googled around a bit and I only discovered this particular post:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-kafka-users/201210.mbox/%[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E

In summary, it appears the primary issue is that Kafka keeps file
handles of each log segment open. Is there a way to configure this, or
is a way to do so planned? It appears that an option to deduplicate
instead of delete was added recently, so doesn't the file handle issue
exist with that as well (since files aren't being deleted)?