Kafka >> mail # dev >> Re: About Kafka 0.8 producer

+
Neha Narkhede 2013-01-07, 05:55
Re: About Kafka 0.8 producer
In other words 0.8 gives you the richer functionality of the zk producer
without requiring a zk connection. As with zk, you need to give it one or
more urls to bootstrap a connection, but these urls don't need to be the
complete set of brokers (just choose a couple in case one is down or set up
a vip or dns or something).

-Jay
On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> In 0.8, the producer load balances data across the Kafka brokers using a
> special getMetadata API. You still need to wire in a broker.list since the
> producer will use this list to talk to one of the brokers to get the
> leadership information for a new topic/partition. If the leader moves over
> time, the produce request will fail which is when the producer will
> re-issue the getMetadata request again. So zk.connect is not required
> anymore.
>
> Thanks,
> Neha
>

> On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Jun Guo -X (jungu - CIIC at Cisco) <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >        I find that in Kafka 0.72, we can specify either zk.connect or
> > broker.list. But in Kafka 0.8, we can only specify broker.list ,and we
> > can't specify zk.connect without specifying broker.list. I think, in this
> > case, we can't balance producer through zookeeper. If anyone use Kafka
> 0.8,
> > or have some understanding with that?
> >        Many thanks!
> > Best Regard