Kafka >> mail # user >> EventHandler in 0.8

+
Chris Hogue 2013-08-02, 15:27
Re: EventHandler in 0.8
Chris,

Thanks for bringing up this part. Yes, in 0.8, we don't really support a
custom event handler. This is because (1) the producer send logic is a bit
more complicated since it has to issue metadata requests whenever leaders
change; (2) we are not aware of too many use cases of custom event handler.
So, we only made the serializer and partitioner customizable. We can
revisit this if there are good use cases of custom event handler. For your
use case, could you just do the batching/customized compression outside of
producer?

Thanks,

Jun