Kafka >> mail # dev >> kafka messages out of order

+
Jason Loveland 2013-04-20, 03:45
Re: kafka messages out of order
I see, can you share more details of your verification ? Do you print
the messages sent by the producer and then compare that to the
messages printed on the consumer side ?

Thanks,
Neha

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Jason Loveland
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We are running kafka 0.7.2.
>
> We have a simple producer that sends messages in time order into a single broker with a single partition. We have a simple consumer that has 1 thread that gets messages. Our simple program shows some messages out of order when consuming. This was very surprising because we read in the literature the following:
>
> Within a partition messages are stored in the order in which they arrive at the broker, and will be given out to consumers in that same order.
>
> What could be the issue? Is this expected behavior?

+
Jun Rao 2013-04-22, 03:58