Kafka, mail # dev - Re: dynamic config zookeeper code - 2013-02-08, 23:03

Re: dynamic config zookeeper code
Hey Joe,

I threw up a first draft on this patch, take a look and see what you think.

I think what you are saying is that you want to avoid having configuration
changes take effect dynamically on all running servers. I think this is
pretty easy to accomplish, we can just make it possible to disable the
TopicConfigManager. If we disable this then running the command to alter a
topic config override would not have any immediate impact other than
changing the value in zookeeper and would only take effect on individual
servers as they were bounced (as today). Let me know if that would work for
you and I will add an topic.config.updates.enable={true,false}
configuration to allow this.