Kafka, mail # user - Re: Replicas for partition are dead - 2013-03-22, 13:51

Jason Huang 2013-03-19, 20:35
+
Jun Rao 2013-03-20, 04:31
+
Jason Huang 2013-03-20, 13:58
+
Jun Rao 2013-03-20, 14:39
+
Jason Huang 2013-03-20, 14:48
+
Jun Rao 2013-03-20, 16:15
Re: Replicas for partition are dead
Thanks Jun.

I have built the new kafka version and start the services. You
mentioned that ZK data structure has been changed - does that mean we
can't reload the previous messages from current log files? I actually
tried to copy the log files (.logs and .index) to the new kafka
instance but get the same "topic doesn't exist" error after running
the new kafka services.

Any comments on how I might be able to recover previous messages?

thanks

Jason