Kafka, mail # dev - Re: Proposed Changes To New Producer Public API - 2014-02-03, 00:29

Re: Proposed Changes To New Producer Public API
About serialization, I am wondering if most people would try to have a
customized partioning mainly due to logic motivations, such that they want
some messages to go to the same partition; if that is true, they do not
really care about the actually partition id but all they would do is
specify the partition key to be the same. As for performance motivations
such as sending to the least loaded broker or broker with an existing
connection already, I am not sure if it should really be exposed to users
to consider such optimizations.