Kafka, mail # user - Kafka Important Metrics

+
Vadim Keylis 2013-07-01, 18:21
+
Joel Koshy 2013-07-01, 20:26
+
Joel Koshy 2013-07-01, 20:27
Re: Kafka Important Metrics
Maxime Brugidou 2013-07-01, 21:57
By the way, having an official contrib package with graphite, ganglia and
other well-known reporters would be awesome so that not everyone has to
write their own.
On Jul 1, 2013 10:27 PM, "Joel Koshy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Also, there are several key metrics on the broker and client side - we
> should compile a list and put it on a wiki. Can you file a jira for
> this?
>
> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Joel Koshy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > CSVreporter is probably not an ideal fit for production monitoring -
> > we use it for getting stats out of period system test runs.
> >
> > For production monitoring you are probably better off reading off JMX
> > and feeding your monitoring system of choice. You can also write a
> > custom metrics reporter and additionally implement
> > KafkaMetricsReporter (see KafkaCSVMetricsReporter.scala for an
> > example) and plug it in the KafkaConfig. Your custom metrics reporter
> > can directly feed into your monitoring system. E.g., if you use
> > graphite, you can write a KafkaGraphiteReporter that wraps the
> > GraphiteReporter that coda hale metrics provides.
> >
> > Joel
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Vadim Keylis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >> Good morning. What is the best way to monitor kafka through jmx or by
> >> enabling kafka.csv.metrics.reporter.enabled?
> >> What are the important metrics in JMX to watch for and/or graph?
> >> What are the important metrics in csv files to watch for and/or graph?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Vadim

+
Hanish Bansal 2013-07-02, 04:17