Kafka >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Apache Kafka 0.8.0-beta1 candidate 2

+
Joe Stein 2013-06-20, 04:29
+
Jun Rao 2013-06-20, 15:25
+
Joel Koshy 2013-06-22, 00:47
Re: [VOTE] Apache Kafka 0.8.0-beta1 candidate 2
+1 with reservations
Two things to note:
1. The README references a target release-zip that I don't think exists anymore.
2. The README doesn't explain how to start the server, which seems
like useful information to have.

I think we can probably live with these and document on the website.

-Jay

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Joel Koshy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> +1
>
> Thanks Joe!
>

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> +1. Verified both unit tests and quick start.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jun
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Joe Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > This is the second release candidate vote for the Apache Kafka
>> 0.8.0-beta1
>> > release.
>> >
>> > 0.8.0 beta1 Release Notes
>> >

>> http://people.apache.org/~joestein/kafka-0.8.0-beta1-candidate2/RELEASE_NOTES.html
>> >
>> > *** The vote will be open for 72 hours (longer if needed) ***
>> >
>> > We are voting on artifacts for release from
>> > http://people.apache.org/~joestein/kafka-0.8.0-beta1-candidate2/
>> >
>> > The tag to be voted upon (off the 0.8 branch):
>> >

>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=34a278b4cc1bbce0a876e9255b2bfa7c2133f313
>> >
>> > Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
>> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/kafka/KEYS
>> >
>> > /*
>> > Joe Stein
>> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc