Kafka >> mail # user >> Delete Topic with 0.8?

+
Jason Huang 2013-02-01, 15:25
Re: Delete Topic with 0.8?
The JIRA tracking delete topic is here -

Until that is resolved, what you can do is shut the cluster down, delete on
disk data as well as zookeeper data, and then restart everything.
Understand that it is cumbersome, but until the feature is in, I can't
think of an easier way to delete a topic

Thanks,
Neha
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM, Jason Huang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Do you know if there is any support to delete topics with Kafka 0.8?
>
> Since I couldn't find any, I tried to manually delete the log folders
> (topic name + partition). However, if I restart the broker (we are
> testing with one single broker), it automatically regenerates those
> log folders again (although the actual message content is gone).
>
> Is there any way to remove existing topics completely? (Either by some
> manual deletion or by some API call)?
>
> thanks,
>
> Jason

+