Kafka, mail # user - Re: Producer not distributing across all partitions - 2013-09-13, 20:18

prashant amar 2013-09-13, 02:27
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-09-13, 09:04
+
Jun Rao 2013-09-13, 09:11
+
chetan conikee 2013-09-13, 16:03
+
prashant amar 2013-09-13, 16:03
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-09-13, 16:56
+
prashant amar 2013-09-13, 18:42
Re: Producer not distributing across all partitions
I ran into this problem as well Prashant.  The default partition key was
recently changed:

https://github.com/apache/kafka/commit/b71e6dc352770f22daec0c9a3682138666f032be

It no longer assigns a random partition to data with a null partition key.
 I had to change my code to generate random partition keys to get the
randomly distributed behavior the producer used to have.