Kafka, mail # user - Re: Producer not distributing across all partitions - 2013-09-13, 20:18

Re: Producer not distributing across all partitions
I ran into this problem as well Prashant.  The default partition key was
recently changed:

https://github.com/apache/kafka/commit/b71e6dc352770f22daec0c9a3682138666f032be

It no longer assigns a random partition to data with a null partition key.
 I had to change my code to generate random partition keys to get the
randomly distributed behavior the producer used to have.