Kafka >> mail # user >> Changing log retention reset offsets?

Changing log retention reset offsets?
Hi,
We changed the default log retention policy from 168 hrs (7days) to 750 hrs
(approx a month) and restarted the kafka servers. After the restart, when
we ran the console consumer with the --from-beginning flag, it did not get
messages from the beginning. Only messages added after the restart were
being retrieved. We suspect that the zookeeper offsets might have messed
up. We'r using kafka 0.7.2. Is this expected?

--
Regards,
Premal Shah.

+