Kafka >> mail # user >> Ganglia Metrics Reporter

+
Maxime Brugidou 2013-08-22, 15:43
+
Andrew Otto 2013-08-22, 16:13
+
Andrew Otto 2013-10-29, 18:00
+
Maxime Brugidou 2013-10-29, 18:38
+
Andrew Otto 2013-11-01, 18:08
Re: Ganglia Metrics Reporter
I added a JMX reporter wiki page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/JMX+Reporters , which is
linked from our main wiki page.

Could you add a short description (including the supported version) and a
link there?

Thanks,

Jun
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Maxime Brugidou
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Since I couldn't find any other way to publish kafka metrics to ganglia
> from kafka 0.8 (beta), I just published on github a super-simple ganglia
> metrics reporter for Kafka. It is configurable through the kafka config
> file and you can use it on the broker side and on your consumers/producers.
> There is also a feature to exclude some metrics with a regex (useful if you
> have many topics/partions).
>
> Here it is on github: https://github.com/criteo/kafka-ganglia
>
> Let me know if you have issues/questions. This is using metrics-ganglia
> 2.2.0 directly so it is not a ganglia plugin but rather a kafka "add-on".
>
> I don't know the proper way to distribute this yet for installation on
> brokers, it could also be part of some contrib kafka code.
>
> Cheers,
> Maxime

+
Andrew Otto 2013-08-23, 14:04