Kafka >> mail # dev >> Metrics in new producer

Re: Metrics in new producer
Hey guys,

I think this is the first item where we haven't had fairly obvious
consensus. I will call a vote if there isn't more discussion worth doing.

I think the alternatives I have understood:
1. JMX
2. Coda Hale
3. Custom package in there now with improvements (histograms, additional
reporters, etc)
4. New shim layer that abstracts both Coda Hale and new code

Is there anything else worth discussing or other alternatives we haven't
discussed?

-Jay
On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Martin Kleppmann