Kafka, mail # user - Property Name Changes in Different Versions of Kafka

Re: Property Name Changes in Different Versions of Kafka
Joe Stein 2014-01-09, 13:17
you can do a git blame
https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-blame.html on a file
to see the commit log changes which has the JIRA ticket which then gives
you the reason behind changes to the code (or through github's git blame ui
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blame/0.8/config/server.properties) so for
brokerid to broker.id it is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-648to make uniform the
property names

for setting the JMX_PORT look at step #6 of the quick start
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#quickstart

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC