Kafka >> mail # user >> Is there a programmatic way to create topic

+
hsy541@...> 2013-10-14, 22:02
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-10-14, 23:46
Re: Is there a programmatic way to create topic
Hi Neha,

Thank you, but can you give an example of CreateTopicCommand.createTopic()
and is it sync or async?

Best,
Siyuan
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> In 0.8, the only programmatic way, other than create topic, is to use
> CreateTopicCommand.createTopic(). This is probably something we can improve
> in the forthcoming releases.
>
> Thanks,
> Neha
>

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 3:02 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi kafka,
> >
> > Is there a programmatic way to create topic.
> >

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16946778/how-can-we-create-a-topic-in-kafka-from-the-ide-using-api/18480684#18480684
> > is toooooo hacky, plus it's not a sync function.
> > I'm asking this because I'm writing a test case which will start kafka
> > server, create topic, produce and consume some message(in separate
> thread).
> >  But it fails some time because producer start to produce before the
> topic
> > is created. The auto topic creation property won't work either because
> the
> > consumer may start get TopicMeta data before the topic is created.
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Best,
> > Siyuan

+