Kafka >> mail # user >> can the replication factor for a topic be changed after it's created?

+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-05-09, 05:28
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-05-09, 05:49
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-05-09, 06:52
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-05-09, 14:59
+
Jun Rao 2013-05-09, 15:00
Re: can the replication factor for a topic be changed after it's created?
Jun, the question is whether or not you can increase the replication factor
of a partition through the partition reassignment tool or not. I think you
can but I'm not sure until I test this.

Thanks,
Neha
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Currently, we don't allow the replication factor of an existing
> topic/partition to be changed. We plan to add a tool to do that in the
> future.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun
>

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 11:52 PM, Jason Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > so does that, thereby, allow you to increase the replication for a
> > partition?
> >

> > On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > If you add more brokers to an existing cluster, you can use the
> partition
> > > reassignment admin tool to move a replica of selected partitions over
> > > the new broker.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Neha

> > > given