Kafka, mail # user - Re: Kafka 0.8.0 in maven - 2013-11-07, 05:28

Re: Kafka 0.8.0 in maven
One thing I noticed about your code. I thought in kafka 0.8.0 topics are
not created automatically on first message. I do not see anywhere in your
code which creates the topics.

I am creating the topic as part of my tests.

Before I was not setting that property, and getting some of the messages.
Which is really weird. You are using a slightly different kafka then me
(your pom.xml vs mine) as well.

Here is what I have now:

The property I mentioned is making all my tests happy, so that was the
magic bullet for me. Everything else I did in the code above clean up wise
had no effect. I did all the cleanups above in the code and nothing was
working till I switched on that param.