Kafka, mail # dev - Scala/java dependency order?

Scala/java dependency order?
Jay Kreps 2012-12-18, 16:44
One thing I didn't think of with the CRC patch we just added on trunk is
that this makes the order of dependency between java and scala
bidirectional. (Actually I technically think we had another API in zk
consumer connector that does this too). Should we worry about that? The
scala compiler will handle it, but I wonder if it might be better to
enforce at the build level that java depends on scala but not vice versa so
that the java code is truly just a wrapper...?

-Jay